It's time for the official announcement...
Rush Off-Road will be opening soon. It is located 10 minutes off of I-64 just outside Ashland, KY. The trailhead is under construction now. Permits will be $75/year or $25/week. The yearly pass will run Jan 1-Dec 31. Trail map will be available by spring, and trails will be marked by spring also.
They will be having a soft opening sometime in the next few weeks and a "Grand Opening" sometime in the late Spring or early Summer. To start out there will only be primitive camping, but a full campground with cabins and full hookups is in the plans.
Right now there are around 50 miles mapped on the ~3100 acre park, but they will be logging all winter making new trails.
To start out trails are not marked, so it is recommended you ride with someone that knows the area. Anyone with a Garmin, I will have a downloadable map available for it soon.
The park will be open to anything from atv's to full size 4wd vehicles.
There are 2 ponds/lakes on the property that you will be allowed to fish as long as you have your KY fishing license.
Vehicle Permit Application - Rules and Regulations
Know your limitations and do not exceed your capabilities or your vehicle’s capabilities.
1. A permit sticker must be on all vehicles entering the area. Vehicle identification card must be carried with yearly permits.
2. Helmets are required pursuant to KRS §189.515. Protective gear including but not limited to those items listed by the manufacturer and the ATV safety institute are strongly recommended.
3. The following items are prohibited in the permitted area: Firearms, fireworks, explosives, alcohol, illegal drugs and glass containers.
4. Litter laws are strictly enforced. Pack it in, pack it out.
5. There will be no tolerance for fighting.
6. Do not remove or destroy trees, shrubs, plants or animals. Do not feed animals, including but not limited to bears, coyotes, deer or turkey.
7. Rush Off Road, LLC is neither liable nor responsible for damage, loss or theft of personal property or injury to visitors.
8. All operators and passengers of cars, trucks, buggies, etc., designated for on or off road use must wear safety belts while vehicle is being operated. Infants and children must be restrained in legally required child safety seats.
9. All off road vehicle drivers and riders should follow the manufacture's safe operating procedures. Please be sure that your ORV has the appropriate equipment needed to operate on the rough terrain in the area.
10. An adult must be with and supervise minors at all times.
11. Be courteous of other drivers and area employees on and off the trails.
12. All vehicles must operate in a manner to avoid incidents and/or accidents while in the area, including maintaining a safe speed.
13. Stay on existing trails. Do not blaze new trails. Stay within the boundaries of area and away from posted areas. Use only designated entrances into the area.
14. All vehicles must have front and rear lights while driving at night.
15. Vehicles attempting level 5 trails must have a full roll cage and occupants must have on HELMETS.
16. The board of Rush Off Road, LLC must approve all special events including vendors.
17. Vehicles should travel in groups of 2 or more, except in emergency situations.
18. The terrain is constantly changing. Check each hill. Ride all trails with caution.
19. Non-operative vehicles should be moved to the side of the trails and attended to immediately.
20. Swimming is strictly prohibited in any body of water located on the property.
21. All trails will follow a two way traffic pattern.
22. In the event of emergency, call 911.
23. Passengers in vehicles must comply with the vehicles factory seating standards.
24. All drivers and passengers of any vehicle must complete and sign the seperate "Release and Waiver of Liability Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement" provided.
Failure to comply with the above rules, regulations and safe operating procedures
may result in arrest, fines, temporary or permanent banning from the area
or participating in any future area activities or events.